Christmas Gift Guide 2017
The party season is upon us and with back-to-back Christmas parties and commitments, the last thing we want to be doing is spending hours stressing over the Christmas shopping!
So I thought I'd try and save you lovely people some precious time and have curated some Christmas gift ideas for the whole family. All are items (and brands) that I personally love. All the product links are listed below the photos so that you can click straight through and start your shopping.
A huge thank you to my talented friend, Melbourne-based stylist, photographer and teacher, Jacqueline Beck for her hard work and assistance with the Gift Guide. You can contact Jacqui via Jaclbeck@gmail.com for any freelance photography enquiries. She has captured some absolutely beautiful images for this Gift Guide.
Thank you also to Reindeer & Castle and Kikki.K for the loan of the gorgeous Christmas props for our shoot. (Reindeer & Castle will shortly be opening up a Pop Up Christmas shop at 520 Malvern Road Hawksburn, where you can pick up the gorgeous items featured in the Gift Guide. If you are based in Melbourne and are hosting Christmas lunch or a Christmas party this year it is an absolute must-visit as Karin stocks the most exquisite range of items collected from around the world.)
Finally, thank you to all the wonderful brands below for their assistance in bringing the 2017 Christmas Gift Guide to life.
For the Fashionista
Fashionista's of all ages are sure to love a splash of pink in their Christmas stocking!
Pictured above (clockwise from top left):
1. Enjoy afternoon tea in style with a Cristina Re bone china blush striped mug
2. These beautiful Miss White Melbourne Candles are hand poured soy wax candles made with love in Melbourne
3. Chic personalised Striped Accessories Bag from The Letteroom in the UK; they offer worldwide shipping too!
4. The sweet tooths are sure to love SWEET by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh
5. Salt & Pepper Collective Blush Plate 20cm from Salt & Pepper is perfect for displaying festive treats
6. The White Christmas Cookie Box from The Dessert Studio is almost too pretty to eat! Australia-wide shipping available
7. Matte Liquid Lipstick from Tiger & Taupe is a perfect stocking filler
8. Unwrap magic this Christmas with Ferrero Rocher
9. The pretty-in-pink Miss Frankie nail polish range has been created by a professional manicurist and is an absolutely gorgeous Kris Kringle gift!
Pictured above (clockwise from top left):
1. Chic personalised Striped Accessories Bag from The Letteroom filled with a Matte Liquid Lipstick from Tiger & Taupe
2. Hand poured soy wax candle from Miss White Melbourne
3. OPI 2017 Holiday Collection A sweet festive themed 10-pack of mini polishes
4.. Be beach chic this summer with the Sita round beach towel from Lorraine Lea
5. The L'Oreal Professional Steampod Hair Treatment Styler is the ultimate gentle hair tool for any hair type
6. Matte Liquid Lipstick from Tiger & Taupe and Miss Frankie nail polish range are perfect stocking fillers
7. The Base Collective makes magnesium skincare for the whole family and The Base Collective Magnesium + White Tea Body Balm and Magnesium Oil would make fabulous Christmas gifts!
Travel in style with the Personalised Striped Passport Cover and Luggage Tag Set from The Letteroom, Pictured above with a forest of white Ceramic Trees from Reindeer & Castle which are available in multiple sizes.
We just adore the beautiful range of mugs from Cristina Re's High Tea Collection. Click here to shop the full range.
Add a touch of luxury to your Christmas table this year with the Coconut + Lime Soy Candle from Miss White.
For the Sweet Tooth
From boxes of chocolates to cookie tins, there is something for every sweet tooth with our festive treat selection below.
Nothing says Christmas quite like Ferrero Rocher! They have a stunning range of gifts available this Christmas including Pyramids, Cubes and Stars. Pictured above with some sweet festive decorations from Kikki.K (Snow Globe and Mini Christmas Tree Decorations).
Burnt Butter in Richmond is offering their adorable range of Christmas cupcakes this festive season with sweet Christmas themed toppers sitting on a butter cream icing swirl. Order your cupcakes here. The cupcakes are sitting pretty on an Oval Italian Santa Platter from Reindeer & Castle.
The Dessert Studio has a gorgeous range of Christmas Cookie Sets available, including this sweet coloured Christmas cookie set (above) and Mosaic Christmas tree set (below).
(Can you also spot the Jumbo Gingerbread cookie from Burnt Butter Cakes sitting amongst the forest?!)
The Dessert Studio Mosaic Christmas tree set is pictured above and below on the Extra Large Italian Santa platter from Reindeer & Castle.
If you don't have time to visit the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery (or the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie) before Christmas, you can purchase some of their gorgeous Christmas range online from their e-shop.
They have an extensive Christmas range available, from bars and blocks, to hampers and truffles, Christmas Crackers and even Chocolate Reindeers (pictured above).
The new Luxe Gift Range from The Byron Bay Cookie Company is perfect for Christmas with both tins and boxes available in a range of flavours including Lemon Macadamia Shortbread (above, top left) and Gluten Free White Choc Macadamia (above, top right) and Milk Choc Chunk..
The Byron Bay Cookie Company Special Edition flamingo tin is my absolute fav and is filled with White Choc Macadamia + Triple Chocolate cookies! Yum!
The Luken & May Butterburst tins and Gift Boxes are another beautiful gift option for Christmas and includes Chocolate Hazelnut Butterburst biscuit boxes (above, top middle) and Citrus Lemon flavour tins (above, bottom right).
Both Byron Bay Cookie Company and Luken & May are available from David Jones stores nationally or you can shop online at cookie.com.au.
Why not scrap the traditional Gingerbread House this year and go for a Chocolate Christmas House Smash Cake from Naughty Nush Smash Cakes in Melbourne?! These sweet chocolate houses are filled with over 750 grams of Allens lollies and they can also be personalised.
Sitting to the left alongside the chocolate house above is an adorable Jumbo Gingerbread cookie from Burnt Butter Cakes and a handcrafted fabric Drummer Boy from Reindeer & Castle.
Books for Cooks
Your food-loving friends and family are sure to love one of these new cook books from some of our favourite Australian chefs and foodies!
1. Poh Bakes 100 Greats by Poh Ling Yeow
2. Everyday Thermo Cooking by Alyce Alexandra
3. Bourke Street Bakery: All Things Sweet by Paul Allam and David McGuinness
4.Maggie’s Recipe for Life by Maggie Beer
5. Hummus & Co by Michael Rantissi and Kristy Frawley
6. Australian Food by Matt Moran
For the Cheese Lovers
Cheese lovers unite! Here is a selection of gift ideas for the cheese lovers in your life.
Cornelius Cheesemongers is a fabulous online cheese shop and offers delivery Australia wide. Their Cheese Club is the first bespoke cheese club in Australia and offers a monthly selection of cheeses matched to the recipients tastes, plus access to their monthly member evening. Such a perfect gift idea for a cheese lover!
Salt & Pepper also has a gorgeous range of cheese boards and knives available, including the FROMAGE Cheese Knives (Set of 3) and the FROMAGE Board - Round (both pictured above).
StartFragmentCornelius Cheesemongers also has an extensive range of Christmas gifts available this year including cheese boxes and party packs and a fabulous selection of condiments. You can explore their Christmas catalogue here.
Cheeses from Cornelius are pictured above with the Make Me Iconic Christmas Decorations - Aussie Design. EndFragment
For the Wine Lovers
Pop, fizz, clink! It is the party season after all and here are some of our favourite tipples for the season.
Nothing says party season quite like a glass of Champagne or sparkling wine and we are loving Champagne Duperrey Premier Cru Brut and A by Arras Premium Cuvee - both are available from Dan Murphy's. (In the background you will also spy a silver and gold tree from Reindeer & Castle.)
This party season I am loving Crafters Union Wines. They are delicious wines wrapped up in the prettiest art packaging, what is not to love? Perfect for Christmas gifts or to gift to the host at a Christmas party! See the full range at www.craftersunionwines.com and in Australia they are available to buy at Dan Murphy's.
Calabria Family Wines are anther favourite in our family and they have a gorgeous range of wines suitable for all festive occasions. Some of my favs are listed below. (And if you haven't tried the Bevi Prosecco Spritz yet this is a perfect beverage over summer!)
1. Calabria Private Bin Pinot Bianco
2. Calabria Bros. Barossa Valley Shiraz
3. Calabria Private Bin Nero D'Avola
4. Calabria Private Bin Montepulciano
5. Calabria Private Bin Prosecco
6. Calabria Private Bin Aglianico
7. Calabria Three Bridges Durif 2016
Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker is an entertaining look inside the secret world of Sommeliers and is a great gift choice for any wine lover!
Pictured above with the Calabria Bros. Barossa Valley Shiraz.
For the Foodie
From gourmet hampers, to oils and condiments, here are our top selections for the foodies.
Maggie Beer has a gorgeous range of gift hampers to suit every occasion! There is an extensive range of hampers available at varying price points, all filled with Maggie Beer's famous sauces and chutneys, pastes, olive oils, wines or sweet sauces.
The Maggie Beer hamper above is pictured with Maggie's Sparkling Ruby Cabernet (non-alcoholic which makes it a great holiday season tipple for pregnant friends or family!) and Maggie Beer Heritage Apple Cider. Delicious!
The Hunter Valley Olive Co specialises in producing Australian extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegars and gourmet condiments, such as Dukkah and Black Olive Tapenade and are perfect items for those looking to throw together a Christmas Gift Hamper.
StartFragmentIt was love at first sight when I spotted the Goosey Colander and Bowl from Until.com.au! The yellow bowl makes a sweet salad bowl and the colander sits neatly inside when not in use. Practical and chic! Pictured above with a forest of Ceramic Trees from Reindeer & Castle.
Shake it up this summer with the Sunnylife Mojito Cocktail Set, which comes complete with silicone citrus zester, ice tray, wooden muddler and shot glass. Perfect for summer cocktail and mocktail making and a super cute Kris Kringle gift idea! Pictured above on the Sita round beach towel from Lorraine Lea.
For the Jetsetter
Frequent flyers will love these sweet travel inspired gifts.
The vintage World Map Passport Cover and Luggage Tag from The Letteroom is a gorgeous gift idea for someone planning a trip.
The rain won't bother you on your travels with a chic Iconic Umbrella - Directions from Make Me Iconic. With black on the outside and a Melways map on the inside this is the perfect gift for a frequent-flyer.
Every jetsetter requires quality skincare to relieve dry skin and the magnesium skincare from The Base Collective is the perfect choice! Pictured above is The Base Collective Magnesium + White Tea Body Balm & Magnesium Oil with Sita round beach towel from Lorraine Lea.
Put your feet up over the holidays and enjoy some of these new releases - there is something for the whole family.
1. The Lagom Life by Elisabeth Carlsson
2. Ducks for Dark Times by Michael Leunig
3. Make Your Bed: Small Things That Can Change Your Life And Maybe The World by William H McRaven
4. Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
5. Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn
7. Homer's Odyssey - An Embiggened Simpsons Guide by Mitch Grinter & Brendan Dando
8. Up Until Now by Petrea King
10. The Zanzibar Wife by Deborah Rodriguez.
11. Don’t Let Go by Harlan Coben
12. Two Weeks 'Til Christmas by Laura Greaves
1. Billy and the Minions by Roald Dahl
2 Ickyfoodia: The Ultimate Guide to Disgusting Food by The Listies
3. Dr Boogaloo and The Girl Who Lost Her Laughter by Lisa Nicol
4. Peppa Pig: Peppa Visits the Great Barrier Reef
5. Mr Bambuckle's Remarkables by Tim Harris
6. How to Feel Awesome Every Day by Elly Awesome
7. Why Can't I Be a Dinosaur? By Kylie Westaway, illustrated by Tom Jellett
8. The Naughtiest Reindeer Takes a Bow by Nicki Greenberg
9. Kizmet and the Case of the Pirate Treasure by Frank Woodley
10. Scarface Claw, Hold Tight! by Lynley Dodd
11. Home Time by Campbell Whyte
12. Peppa Pig: Peppa Visits the Outback
13. The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone by Jaclyn Moriarty